*This post contains affiliate links.
Hanging a Eucalyptus in shower. Have you ever thought of hanging a plant in your shower?
In this article, we’ll take a look at everything you need to know about Eucalyptus.
We’ll cover things such as what is Eucalyptus, Eucalyptus in shower benefits, how to hang Eucalyptus in shower, how to care, how long Eucalyptus last in the shower, fresh or dried Eucalyptus, and where to buy them.
What is Eucalyptus?
Eucalyptus is described as an evergreen tree endemic to Australia yet propagates in various parts worldwide. It’s prevalent and extensively recognized and also used for its medicinal qualities. It has a bark coat imbued with gum resin, lengthy stems, and round leaves that begin out green and darken in color as they age.
Eucalyptus In Shower Benefits
There are numerous ways to include Eucalyptus into your lifestyle. Below, we will talk about the many benefits of hanging Eucalyptus in your shower.
Eucalyptus is known to to do the following:
- Relieves clogged noses. Additionally, sinus headaches. It is why most over the counter chest rubs and humidifiers have Eucalyptus as the active component.
- In addition to the heavy steam from the warm water, it releases natural oils from your eucalyptus bunch, which will clear things up in your nasal passages and will aid in absolving any congestion you may have. It will definitely help you to breathe far better. Nasal blockage creates irritating sinus headaches; therefore, you will also free yourself from that nuisance sinus headache with a clearer upper respiratory.
- With the influenza season being nearly year-round, the combined steam and plant oils loosen mucus, soothe blockage, and inflammation and help you feel remarkably better sooner.
You do not have to endure unbearable nasal congestion and headache to hang Eucalyptus in your shower. However, if you feel sick for whatever reason, attempt and use a natural remedy. As a result, you should begin to feel like your old self in no time.
- Adds a pleasant aroma to your bathroom. The steam of the shower stall will trigger a release of essential oils from the hanging Eucalyptus plant in the shower; thus, it will make your shower smell lovely.
- Eucalyptus will also help you to destress! That is why a lot of calming oils have Eucalyptus in them. When you’re in the shower with a bushel of Eucalyptus, you’ll be providing yourself a day spa-like experience.
- More benefits: Joint and muscle pain, asthma, and skin appearance.
Eucalyptus To Hang In Shower
It is an easy and cost-effective alternative to bring a little peaceful and relaxing experience into your shower life. So let’s get to the steps of hanging a Eucalyptus in your shower.
How To Hang Eucalyptus In Shower
- 3 to 12 small branches of fresh or dried eucalyptus leaves
- twine, ribbon, or string
- a small, thin rubber band small or use a hair tie,
- one pair of scissors
Eucalyptus plant for bathroom is very simple. Just follow the simple steps below:
- Purchase 2 bushels of Eucalyptus. Collect the branches with the cut finishes down.
- Clear the stems. Remove leaves from the base of each branch so that you have space to tie them together.
- String or twine typically combines the Eucalyptus at the base. Cut the string, twine, or whatever material you selected to ensure that it’s approximately 24 inches long. The longer the string, twine, etc., is, the better. Otherwise, it will be hard to tie and hang the Eucalyptus on your showerhead.
- Encase the string or twine around the stems. Connect the branches, right under the leafy part, to assure that the exposed stems are underneath the twine. You might desire to bind a rubber band around the stems to momentarily hold the stems together while you bind the string, twice, etc., around them.
- Utilize the ends of the string to attach your Eucalyptus arrangement to the showerhead or one more part of your shower. See to it to tie it safely.
- Position the arrangement to make certain that it is not right under the water stream.
- After you hang the Eucalyptus over your showerhead, you don’t need any clips, etc., to maintain it in position.
For a detailed visual, refer to the video below.
How To Care For Eucalyptus In Shower
If you have a Eucalyptus in your shower, you should shake the leaves off to steer clear of gnats or rotting, which you don’t want!
How Long Eucalyptus Last In Shower
How long can you keep Eucalyptus in the shower?
Change the bouquet of Eucalyptus every three weeks; when you can’t smell the scent of eucalyptus, or as the Eucalyptus start to look messy to the eye, replace them with brand-new bundles.
Note: You can go as long as two months considering Eucalyptus lasts rather well in a shower room atmosphere.
Fresh or Dried Eucalyptus In Shower
For this idea of hanging Eucalyptus in the shower, there is no difference if you decide to use either fresh or dried leaves.
Where to Buy Eucalyptus For Shower
This seller offers various sizes of fresh Eucalyptus bunches, ranging from 1/2 a bunch to 2 bunches. 1 BIG BUNCH is ( Huge 10+ Fresh Eucalyptus branches ). Available all-year-round. Leaf shapes and sizes may differ depending upon the time of year.
This bestseller item from Botanica Fleur on Esty can be made to order and can be personalized to the size of your shower! The seller notes that it is enclosed in a natural twine and delivered fresh; for best results, replace it once a month.
There are lots of other Etsy sellers, too, to find your perfect Eucalyptus for your bathroom.
If you decide to go to the DIY route as discussed above, check out Trader Joe’s. Visit your local Trader Joe’s to see if they have eucalyptus. Ask to see if they can order, but it might be based on availability and not guaranteed.
If you decide to DIY or buy from a seller to incorporate a Eucalyptus for your shower, the benefits are endless! So, why not give it a try!