25 Super Blue Smoothie Bowls That Are Vibrant In Appearance + A Recipe To Make Your Own
*This post contains affiliate links.
Blue smoothie bowls are quick and simple to make, and it only involves one primary ingredient that makes them blue in color.
Additionally, smoothie Bowls are tasty and can make a healthy breakfast that’s easy to make yourself. They are also full of anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting ingredients.
For the purpose of this article, we will talk about blue smoothie bowls.
How to Make a Smoothie Bowl?
So, how do you make a smoothie bowl?
A smoothie bowl begins with chilled fruits or vegetables mixed continuously smooth with ice cream’s thickness and consistency.
Smoothie bowls can be a healthy, plant-based breakfast or snack. Personally, our team favors smoothie bowls since they are more satisfying to us.
*A smoothie, however, is thinner and usually is drunk with a straw.
Making smoothie bowls can be made in many ways. But here is a quick general overview of how to make smoothie bowls:
1.You want to begin with frozen fruit.
2. All you do is add the frozen fruit such as bananas, mangos, etc.,
3. Then add milk (coconut, almond, soy, etc.), which can vary depending on the recipe you are following, to your blender and blend until cream-like.
3. Pour into a bowl and add with toppings if you choose to do so. Toppings, for example, almonds, granola, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, coconut, hemp seeds, etc.
4. Lastly, if you want, you can add unflavored protein powder to your smoothie for extra nutrients. However, make sure to use unflavored.
How to Make Blue Smoothie Bowls?
Do you ever wonder how blue smoothie bowls get their blue color?
Well, the one key ingredient that gives these smoothie bowls their blue hue is Blue Spirulina.
When you make your smoothie bowl, just add Blue Spirulina powder!
Blue Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Here’s a recipe found at Purely Kaylie that we enjoy. It is a great base recipe that you can build off of.
- 3 frozen ripe bananas, peeled before freezing
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 1–2 tsp blue spirulina powder
- 2/3 cup plant-based milk
Instructions to Make:
- Add ingredients to a blender.
- Blend ingredients until smooth. You might need to add more liquid if you do not own a powerful/high-speed blender.
- Transfer to a bowl and add your favorite toppings.
For a detailed visual on making the blue smoothie bowl and other easy smoothie bowl recipes, refer to this video from Purely Kaylie below.
Blue Smoothie Bowls With Blue Spirulina
I bet your wondering what Blue Spirulina is. So keep reading below.
What is Blue Spirulina?
Blue Spirulina is a blue color originating from blue-green algae.
Spirulina is plentiful in nutritional content such as the following:
Blue Spirulina Benefits
Blue Spirulina has many health benefits. It is plenty of B vitamins that improve energy levels, have a great source of protein, increases the immune system, boosts metabolism, improves digestion, may even assist in weight loss!
And it’s also recognized as a superfood because of all the nutritional substances in it. Oh, and it is a vegan food concept.
What Does Blue Spirulina Taste Like?
In our opinion, it has a neutral, somewhat tart flavor. However, we find the tartness is not detectable when mixed with fruit.
Where to Buy Blue Spirulina?
Blue Spirulina is available in powder form at most health food markets, but you can order here from Amazon.
25 Blue Smoothie Bowls
Here are 25 easy, healthy, and vibrant blue smoothie bowls. Enjoy!